Sep 12, 2010

Volleyball competition on friday

I was suppose to enter this as soon as possible but... the heavy fall i got made me really sleepy for two days

so on Friday we had several games here in our school gym
we played with some strong teams. two of them are regional selected, and one is Santa Cruz, who use to be a much better team compare to now.

we got beat, some sets badly, some sets we got close. however the reason why we're not able to win a lot of games is because we are not stable. and myself is a big problem for the team when i am in my low performance. i kept on swinging my arms while blocking, and was never able to get there on time. i tried to watch the hitter instead of the ball but it was still kind of hard. however, though it took me awhile to get out of the situation but i still did, i am scared that it will happen again, and next time it might be in a more important tournament, like isac.

i think the biggest problem for me is i get nervous, and once i get nervous i stop thinking. i have to get out of the current mindset and be more calm in the game.
and better team communication would certainly help because that collision with william didn't help me at all

2 comments: